1) Whose partner
goes by the high-falutin' name of Dougal's Laird Carstairs?
2) Which eye wouldn't be caught dead without her beloved
3) How much is Nero Wolfe
usually said to weigh?
4) What private eye made a point of frequently dropping
by Happy McMann's tobacco shop?
5) Who said "Do I have any more bullets in this
here gun? Well, with all the confusion, what with being locked
up in a refrigerator, I plum forgot what was in here to start
with. But being that this is a forty-five Magnum, the most powerful
handgun in existence, and it could blow your head clean off,
you just got to ask yourself one question. Do you feel lucky
today? Well, do you, punk?'"
6) How many people were murdered in Dashiell Hammett's
novel The Maltese Falcon? Name him/her/them.
7) Who's the only actor to appear in films based on
novels by Dashiell Hammett, Raymond Chandler and Mickey Spillane?
8) Which private eye boasted an "action-packed expense
9) Who hasn't played Philip Marlowe?
William Powell, James Garner, Danny Glover, Robert Mitchum or
10) Who runs a a one-man agency out of Cincinatti's Riorley
11) Who are Santa Teresa's two most famous private eyes?
12) "Go after the big boys. Oh, don't arrest them,
don't treat them to the dignity of the democratic process of
courts and law... "
No, it's not a quote from the Patriot Act, it's the gospel according
13) What fictional private eye's sons are Frank and Joe?
14) Which private eye, mourning the murder of his cop
buddy, went into a bar, bought a bottle of tequila, and told
the bartender, "In case any of your friends come in, let
'em have a drink on Manny Quinlan..."
15) What hard-to-miss swinging dick tooled around Tinsel
Town in a canary yellow 1941 Caddy convertible?
16) What P.I. used to tend bar at The Spot in Washington,
17) In what novel is a would-be eye named Blue hired
by White to spy on Black who lives on Orange Street (and is spying
on someone else)? And please name the author.
18) In Dashiell Hammett's novel, The Thin Man,
what was the name of the thin man's wife?
19) Which TV eye's theme song was written and performed
by Randy Newman?
20) In "The Pencil" by Raymond Chandler, what
is "almost as crooked" as Los Angeles?