Created by Marele Day
MAVIS LEVACK was a fledgling Australian private eye who appeared in a series of short stories by Marele Day, who also wrote about Sydney eye Claudia Valentine.
In fact, Mavis made her debut as a comical "nosy neighbour" in The Life and Crimes of Harry Lavender, the first Claudia Valentine novel.
- The Life and Crimes of Harry Lavender (1988; Claudia Valentine) ...Buy this book
Not a Mavis novel, although she does make her debut here, as a nosy neighbour who ends up helping claudia crack the case.
- "Unpleasantness at the Big Boys Club" (1992, A Corpse at the Opera House)
- "Mavis Levacks One Night Stand" (1993, Murder at Home)
- "Marple Syrup(1994, Love Lies Bleeding)
- "The Case of the Disappearing Detective" (2000, Mavis Levack, P.I.)
- "Emoh Ruo" (2000, Mavis Levack, P.I.)
- "A Helping Hand" (2000, Mavis Levack, P.I.)
- "I Cant Take Any More" (2000, Mavis Levack, P.I.)
- "Mrs. Levack and the Egyptian Goddess" (2000, Mavis Levack, P.I.)
- "The One That Didnt Get Away" (2000, Mavis Levack, P.I.)
- "Unpleasantness at the Big Boys Club" (2000, Mavis Levack, P.I.)
Report respectfully submitted by Damien Gay of Crime Down Under and Kevin Burton Smith.
| Table of Contents | Detectives A-L M-Z | Film | Radio | Television | Comics | FAQs |
Drop a dime. Your comments,
suggestions, corrections and contributions are always welcome.
| Trivia | Authors | Hall of Fame | Mystery Links | Bibliography | Glossary | Search |
| What's New: On The Site | On the Street | Non-Fiction | Fiction | Staff | The P.I. Poll |
"...and I'll tell you right out that I'm a man who likes talking to a man that likes to talk."
You just did...