Created by Ted Benoit
Ray Banana versus classic set of wheels.
Which is cooler?
Finally, a P.I. with appeal! RAY BANANA is a post-modernist American private eye, a slouching hepcat shamus in retro-fifties gear, shades and attitude, who stars in a series of semi-futuristic sort of detective stories set in a mythical America that could only be imagined in Europe. Ray made his debut in the pages of A suivre and has since appeared in several albums, in both French and English, sometimes accompanied by his "femme de chambre," Thelma Ritter.
- A SUIVRE
Art and text: Ted Benoit
Ray made his debut in 1980.
- "Vers la Ligne Claire (1980)
- Berceuse électrique (1982; translated as "The Electric Cradle")
- Cité lumière (1986; translated as "City of Light")
- L'Homme de Nulle Part (1989; first of Thelma Ritters Memoirs)
- L'Homme qui ne transpirait pas: Une journée dans la vie de Ray Banana (1994)
Report respectfully submitted by Kevin Burton Smith, with un gros merci à Jerome.
Drop a dime. Your comments, suggestions, corrections and contributions are always welcome.
"...and I'll tell you right out that I'm a man who likes talking to a man who likes to talk."
, thrillingdetective.com. All rights reserved.
Web site by The Thrilling Detective Web Guy.