Created by Fred Dryer & Victor A. Schiro and Peter Gethers & David Handler
For your consideration, I humbly submit to your list of TV eyes the name MIKE LAND of the syndicated series Land's End which ran during the 1995-96 season. Mike, played by Fred Dryer, of Hunter fame, is a retired L.A.P.D. detective who left the force after his wife was murdered, and gradually moved to the Mexican resort town of Cabo San Lucas. He keeps his hand in by taking on cases that come his way, and serves as head of security for the Westin Regina resort. Tooling around in a vintage Pontiac GTO convertible, Mike is frequently assisted by his eccentric but talented friend, Vietnam vet Willis P. Dunlevy (Geoffrey Lewis).
In the Los Angeles area, where I live, Land's End ran in the abominable time slot of midnight on Sunday. I would have the TV on while surfing the Net on Sunday evenings so I could watch the repeats of Deep Space Nine and Babylon 5" I started watching Land's End simply because I left the TV on. The series grew on me and I got rather attached to it. I was sad when it went off the air.
A few months back, Fred Dryer was on KIEV radio with Mort Sahl and said that he was negotiating to produce more episodes.
- "Land's End" (September 20, 1995; 120 minute episode)
- "Night Eyes" (September 30, 1995)
- "Parentnapping" (October 8, 1995)
- "A Line in the Sand" (October 14, 1995)
- "Day of the Dead" (October 21, 1995)
- "El Perico" (October 28, 1995)
- "Bounty Hunter" (November 4, 1995)
- "Willie Gets Lucky" (November 11, 1995)
- "What Are Friends For " (November 18, 1995)
- "The Curse of Willis" (November 25, 1995)
- "What Ever Happened to Maria Rosa?" (December 2, 1995)
- "Windfall" (December 23, 1995)
- "The Long Arm of the Law" (February 3, 1996)
- "Fool's Gold" (February 10, 1996)
- "Dr. Amore" (February 17, 1996)
- "Red Cadillac" (February 24, 1996)
- "Pieces of 8 Is Enough" (March 2, 1996)
- "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" (April 27, 1996)
- "Who's Killing Cole Porter?" (May 4, 1996)
- "Mothers Behind Bars" (May 11, 1996)
- "Jenny" (May 18, 1996)
Respectfully submitted by David Dial.
| Table of Contents | Detectives
| Film | Radio | Television | Comics | FAQs |
| Trivia | Authors | Hall of Fame | Mystery Links | Bibliography | Glossary | Search |
| What's New: On The Site | On the Street | Non-Fiction | Fiction | Staff | The P.I. Poll |
Drop a dime. Your comments,
suggestions, corrections and contributions are always welcome.
"...and I'll tell you right out that I'm a man who likes talking to a man that likes to talk."