Picasso Smith, Jr.
Created by Hugh
Now here's a chip off the old block. Reporter
PICASSO SMITH, JR., like his old man, Picasso
Smith, Sr., is a newshawk, but for The River City Blade,
not The Frisco Foil.
Author Hugh Lessig, besides being a contributor to this
site, is a newspaper reporter himself in the Richmond, Virginia
area. Many of his stories honor the spirit of the hardboiled newspaperman,
including his hero Kennedy,
the hard-drinking reporter created by Frederick Nebel. He writes
about another ace reporter, Alamo Barnes,
whose adventures take place right about now -- and of course,
Picasso Jr. He's now at work on a Picasso Smith Jr. novel, and
has written several short stories that have nothing to do with
newspapers or reporters or even drinking. They're just stories.
- "Ready For Retirement" (Fall 1999, Plots
- "The Listener" (February/March 2000, Plots
- "False Front" September 2000, Blue
- "Purple Politics" (October 3, 2000, HandHeldCrime)
- "Tough Love" (December 1, 2000, HandHeldCrime)
- "Oasis" (January/February 2001, Plots
- "Debate" (January 30, 2001, HandHeldCrime)
- "Following Her" (April/May 2001, Blue
- "The Big Knockout" (June 3, 2001, HandHeldCrime)
- "Millstone" (Summer 2001, Thrilling
Detective Web Site)
- "The Big Something" Upcoming, Blue
- "You Dirty Rat" (Jan. 30, 2003, HandHeldCrime)
- "Four-Day Rental" (Nov/Dec., 2002, Plots
- "Trophy Kill" (June 2002, Judas)
- "Good For Me" (March 18, 2002, HandHeldCrime)
- "My Destiny" (Jan/Feb. 2002, Plots
- "Whacking Scrooge" (Holidays 2003, Thrilling
Detective Web Site)
River City Blade
Home of The Frisco Foil, a newspaper that dedicated to
"Truth and Mayhem and not always in that order." Here
you'll find all of Picasso Smith, Jr.'s adventures, as well as
those of Alamo Barnes, Picasso Smith, Sr., and others. A well-done,
affectionate tribute to the hardboiled newshawks of the pulps.
A site definitely worth bookmarking.
| Table of Contents | Detectives
| Film | Radio | Television | Comics | FAQs |
| Trivia | Authors | Hall
of Fame | Mystery Links | Bibliography | Glossary | Search |
New: On The Site | On
the Street | Non-Fiction | Fiction | Staff | The
P.I. Poll |
Got a gripe? Give
us a call. We never sleep.
Or at least, not well.